These are best eaten warm out of the oven and topped with butter. Maybe even a hot cup of coffee along side? Mmmmm! I think I’ll have another.
What are you having for breakfast?
Oatmeal Raspberry Chocolate Chip Scones
(Adapted from Annie’s Eats)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 2/3 cups flour
1 1/3 cups old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of nutmeg
10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, grated or cut into small pieces
3/4 cup fresh raspberries
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet (or two) with non-stick spray.
2. Whisk together the egg and buttermilk and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Add the butter to the bowl and mix with a fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Pour the egg and buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Gently fold in the raspberries and chocolate chips.
5. Divide dough into about 8 even portions and place on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.