1. Today my baby girl turns ONE YEAR OLD! Can you tell how thrilled she is?
She has been such a blessing in my life. She makes me smile and laugh every single day and I truly can’t imagine life without her.
P.S. I’ve said this before, but I really don’t know how I will be able to handle the love of a real human baby one day. My heart is so full of love being a puppy mom already. Plus, I’ve already used just about every possible nickname on Zoey that I would feel bad using the same ones on a human.
2. After taking most of the summer off, this evening we got together with some friends to start a new Bible study series. We are using the book Follow Me. I am looking forward to seeing our friends on a regular basis again and growing our relationships with God, both individually and as a group. The small group studies that we started together earlier this year have been life-changing for me.
3. This song. Ohmygosh I can’t get enough. I first heard it at a church service with my friend Hannah
a few weeks ago and haven’t been able to stop listening to it. I listen on my short drive to work in the morning, when I need help de-stressing at work, on evening walks and sometimes going to sleep at night.
Oceans, by Hillsong United
4. Homemade pizza! Pizza has consistently made it’s way into our weekly dinner menu as of late. I switch it up a little each time in terms of shape, crust thickness and toppings. Last night, I topped the thick crust with bacon/pepperoni/caramelized onion/jalapeno for Greg, and reserved a quadrant of the pie for me with asparagus/caramelized onion/goat cheese. Not too pretty, but awfully delicious.
5. Although today is a somber day of remembrance for all of those who were affected on 9/11/01, I like to see the silver lining. We will never forget how we felt that day, but the tragic events brought our country closer together. It is just another reason to be grateful for the country we get to call home and proud of all of those who fight to defend our freedom, making this country so great.
6. Hearing your thoughts! Tell me something you’re loving…ready, go!