Good Monday morning! I hope you all had a great weekend and Father’s Day. Although being hundreds of miles away from my dad prevented us from seeing each other on the holiday, I did have a good weekend for a more selfish reason…I found my wedding dress!! I can’t believe it happened so quickly, but it is gorgeous and was on sale just through the weekend so I couldn’t pass it up.
I spent Father’s Day mostly lounging around after church. But with a fresh jar of Biscoff Spread in my pantry, I couldn’t sit still for too long. I was ready to bake something delicious.
Individual Biscoff Cake
Makes 1 serving, possibly 2 if you can manage to share 😉
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons margarine
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons beaten egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Biscoff Spread
1/4 cup cream cheese frosting
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat small ramekin with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
3. In a separate medium bowl, add margarine and suger. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Add egg and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until well blended. Add Biscoff spread and blend until smooth.
3. Add wet ingredients to bowl with dry ingredients. Beat with hand mixer until well combined.
4. Pour into ramekin. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool about five minutes. Remove from ramekin and slice cake in half for layering.
5. While the cake is cooling, prepare frosting by softening in microwave (only takes about five seconds). Stir in cinnamon. Spread about one tablespoon across the top of the bottom half of cake. Set the other half of the cake on top and frost completely. If desired, swirl additional Biscoff Spread across the top.