That’s my new word for “seriously.” Get it? Good. I say it all. the. time.
As in, “Are you for cereals?!” Or, “Cereals, these cupcakes are more like muffins, but that’s okay because they still taste divine. Cereals.”
Sometimes I worry I don’t make sense on here when I’m trying to explain myself and my weird lingo. Sorry.
What is important for you to gain from this ridiculous rant is that you appreciate these beautiful little treats. Cupcakes that actually taste like muffins only means one thing- they’re more than acceptable to eat for breakfast. Oh yeah, and they are made with real whole bananas, so there’s your fruit serving. The chocolate frosting on top? Well, we can’t win ’em all can we?
Banana Chocolate Cupcakes
(Cake recipe directly from How Sweet It Is)
Makes 12 cupcakes
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
3/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large extra ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate frosting (I used Duncan Hines frosting)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk egg and brown sugar. Add vanilla and stir. Add melted butter and stir until combined.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix to combine. Add mashed bananas and stir until just combined.
4. Drop batter by the heaping spoonful into muffin tin wells. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of one comes out clean.
5. Cool completely then frost as desired with chocolate frosting.