Vacation is calling my name. This time next week I will be in an airplane on my way to St. Kitts for an entire week.
Coincidentally, Greg just found this article that ranks St. Kitts #3 on the list of top 10 islands… IN THE WORLD!
I seriously get to go there? Is it too early to say this will be the best vacation I’ve ever had?
But first, Greg and I are taking a short weekend trip today and tomorrow to North Carolina for his brother’s graduation from UNC.
I have to hurry up and pack my bag so I’ll leave you with this quick look at some of my favorite meals this week.
I have been craving pancakes like crazy. Earlier this week I whipped up a small batch of banana oatmeal pancakes. They may not look like anything special, but trust me when I say they were perfect. My pancake craving was more than satisfied.
Starbucks is doing Happy Hour from 3-5pm this week with half price Frappaccinos. I actually never ever get Frappaccinos. But you can bet I was going to take advantage of trying one while they were cheap! I wasn’t sure which flavor to get, but the barista recommend the new Mocha Cookie Crumble. I requested skim milk to keep my guilt to a minimum, but opted to stick with a bit of the chocolate whipped cream. I enjoyed it, but it wasn’t life-changing.
Next up was Daniel Island Grille
for dinner on Thursday night. It was such a beautiful evening outside and Greg and I had a nice casual date outside on their patio. Urban Meyer Vegetable Wrap for me. Sweet potato fries on the side. Never gets old!
For dinner last night, I was still tasting those sweet potato fries from DIG and made my own modified version. Then I made one of my new homemade favorites- Vegetable Nachos!
Makes 1-2 servings
About 8-10 tortilla chips
1/4 cup shredded cheese (I have used both Mexican blend and mozzarella)
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
2-3 tablespoons salsa
1. Lay chips on large plate in an even layer. Top with half of the shredded cheese.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat and add butter/margarine. Once hot, add chopped vegetables. Let cook about 2 minutes. Add chili powder and stir. Continue to cook about 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender and brown. Remove from heat.
3. Add vegetables directly on top of chips. Top with remaining cheese and salsa.
Finally…dessert! A quick and easy Individual Blueberry Crumble Pie ended my night week on a sweet note.
Individual Blueberry Crumble Pie
Makes 1 serving
1/8 refrigerated pie crust
1/2 cup blueberries
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1-2 tablespoons rolled oats or granola
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 5-inch tart pan.
2. Use a cookie cutter or knife to cut out 5-6 inch circle from pie crust. Lay in bottom of tart pan.
3. In a small bowl, add blueberries and sugar. Lightly crush berries with fork and stir thoroughly. Pour into tart pan. Top with oats/granola.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes.