Blueberry Yogurt Cake Doughnuts
(Adapted from Everyday’s a Hollyday)
Makes about 12 doughnuts
For the doughnuts-
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons applesauce
2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
1-6 ounce container blueberry greek yogurt
For the glaze-
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1-1 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat doughnut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.
3. In a separate smaller bowl, add wet ingredients (milk, applesauce, ricotta and yogurt). Whisk to combine.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined.
5. Pour batter evenly into doughnut pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, prepare glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and milk.
7. When doughnuts are finished baking, remove from heat and transfer from pan to cooling rack to cool. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before dipping top-side down into glaze.