We made it to the middle of the week.
Do you need a doughnut? ‘Cause I need a doughnut. Or maybe you need some cake? Well I have good news for you! Because these doughnuts are really more like cake in the form of a doughnut.
Extra moist and extra chocolatey, you will love these doughnuts…for breakfast or dessert! Or, a mid-day snack of course.
Now there is only one question: Sprinkles or no sprinkles?
Double (or triple or quadruple) Chocolate Cake Doughnuts
Makes about 20 doughnuts
1 box chocolate cake mix
1.5 cans pumpkin
1 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate frosting (optional)
Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of a stand-alone mixer or another large bowl, combine first three ingredients. Beat on medium speed until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Carefully pour batter evenly in doughnut pan.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until doughnuts have puffed up and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. If desired, frost and top with sprinkles. Or for another serving suggestion, place warm doughnuts in bag with cinnamon and gently shake to evenly coat.