Ok enough with the “real food” recipes I tortured you with earlier this week and back to my roots: Deeeessert. Chocolatey dessert. Stuffed with Oreos. Need I say more?
Didn’t think so.
I don’t know that Oreo-stuffed anything can compare to these cookies, but these brownies are close.
The original recipe calls for your ordinary Oreos, but when I saw the Mint kind, I knew they would make the perfect filling. Just imagine Thin Mints, but ten times better…and thicker for that matter. Maybe these should be called Thick Mints.
If I didn’t need to transport these on a three-hour road trip, I would have frosted them with chocolate on top. But have zero skill when it comes to packaging and transporting baked goods. The frosting will have to wait until next time.
As if Oreos aren’t good enough on their own, let’s go ahead and dunk them in pool of brownie mix for an added sugar rush.
Mint Oreo Stuffed Brownies
(Adapted from Picky Palate)
Makes 3 dozen brownies, or about a whole box of Oreos
1 box brownie mix (and egg/oil/water according to package directions)
1 package Cool Mint Oreos
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin very generously with non-stick spray.
2. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
3. Dip whole Oreo in the brownie batter so it is completely covered. Place in the bottom of muffin tin. Repeat until all of the Oreos and/or brownie batter is used.
4. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and run a plastic knife along the edges of each brownie to loosen from pan.
5. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from pan.