How do you make a thick, chewy, melty chocolate chip cookie even better? Fill it with a double stuffed Oreo, that’s how. Not like you need convincing, but this has to be one of my favorite things I have ever made. Seriously.
The name of this recipe alone set the bar high, but these cookies lived up to my expectations and then some. I also lucked out because the Ghirardelli chocolate chips were on sale, so I didn’t have to use the cheap generic ones (Hey, I’m bakin’ on a budget. Sometimes I have to make sacrifices even when it comes to my dessert). With a lot of things, I really don’t mind just using the generic brand. But the Ghiradelli chips made a complete difference. I really should have stocked up while they were on sale. You can be sure I won’t let that BOGO opportunity pass me by again. These chips are bigger than the standard morsels, which I really liked. Then again, the extra tiny chips are good too so I’d be interested in trying those. But I don’t think Ghirardelli makes those. Ok, now I’m getting off track. Sorry. Where were we….
Perfection. Everything about this. Just perfect! The Oreo kept it’s natural texture/consistency, but warmed up just enough to melt in your mouth. And the chocolate chip cookie part was soft and sweet.
Please make these for yourself and everyone you love. They’ll thank you for it.
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about two dozen cookies
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 ounce bag chocolate chips
1 bag Double Stuf Oreos
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream butter and sugars until well combined using a stand or hand mixer
3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients with the chocolate chips until just combined
5. Scoop cookie dough into balls and place a ball of dough on the top and bottom of each Oreo cookie
6. Press around the edges of the Oreo to seal the cookie dough
7. Bake 9-12 minutes and let cool for five minutes before transferring to cooling rack